Friday 20 June 2008

Fred Perrin Quattro

I got this knife

http://www.heinnie.com/product.asp?s=6bnwy8505368&strParents=&CAT_ID=0&P_ID=2784&strPageHistory=search&numSearchStartRecord=1

As part of a passaround on Britishblades, I am glad i didnt buy it its SHIT... Everyone who has had it agrees its useless

So here are my expert pics

S30v leek only used for reference to size
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


On its own

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



A few of MANY flaws with this little thing
Photobucket
Photobucket

The grind is well off dodgy machine marks, stiff mechanism, you would think after being used by a number of people it would loosen up but its still stiff and rough :|


Save your Money people ;-)

1 comment:

stanh said...

I bought one. Sharpened it a bit, stroped it from 0.5 micron to grey compound to green compound and it's a very sharp little knife.

I plan on adding some jimping on the base of the spine.
I think you , and many others, misunderstood this little knife's purpose: less threatening possible, very sharp urban blade. Yep, it looks like az nailclipper, on purpose: nailclippers aren't looking very threatening now are they?
I love it.